Student Art Buying Program
2023 Student Art Buying Program information coming soon! To be included on our mailing list for future education outreach opportunities please send your information to email@example.com.
- The CherryArts Student Art Buying program (SAB) provides access for students from across Colorado to purchase artwork from Cherry Creek Arts Festival artists for permanent installation at their school.
- Each year 20 K-12 schools from across Colorado participate. Students explore the world of art in a classroom module that culminates in a hands-on art buying experience.
- Educational benefits for students include art appreciation, knowledge and exposure; public speaking; teamwork and financial literacy, including skills in negotiation and managing a budget.
- SAB impacted more than 22,500 students in 2022, and since 2001, over 1000 pieces of art have been purchased by 385 schools!
2023 Student Art Buying
- Twenty schools, with three student reps and their teacher will attend the Cherry Creek Arts Festival on Saturday, July 1st 2023 to meet professional artists and purchase artwork for permanent installation at their school!
- This year schools may select to either virtually meet with an artist ahead of time with a virtual studio tour, allowing the students to have a behind the scenes look exploring the art-making process. Or, schools can elect to come to the event, shop the show in person and then make their art buying decision.
- Each participating school will receive a Study Guide and lesson plan with curriculum and exercises to help students understand and appreciate art as more than a personal preference, but also as a reflection of culture and as a business. Teachers and students are encouraged to include the entire student body in exploring what kind of art would be appropriate and appreciated in their building.
- All participating schools will visit our exhibiting artist page here: https://cherrycreekartsfestival.org/exhibiting-artists/
- Community centers and organizations with a focus on students are encouraged to apply. Consider adding original art to your facility to enhance the student experience. Includes after school programs and student-based community clubs/centers.